California Governor Jerry Brown VS. The Rest Of Us
“I am Governor Jerry Brown
My aura smiles and never frowns
Soon I will be president…..”
The Dead Kennedys 1979
California, lead by Governor Jerry Brown aka Moonbeam has drawn a socialist line in the sand.
Breitbart reports ”
The largest budget in California history contains none of Gov. Jerry Brown’s promised cuts—but it’s chock full of nasty surprises for taxpayers—including increases in taxes, more money for legal defense of illegal aliens, and expands gun control. Nasty Surprises in California’s $183B budget plan.
This budget is a far cry from the priorities Gov. Jerry Brown laid out back in January. When the economy was still struggling, and revenues were skittish, Brown promised cuts to increases in education, subsidized childcare and planned to “phase out a middle-class college scholarship program,” according to a Capitol Radio story.
* Expands Gun Control
* Higher Taxes on cigarettes, and gasoline
* $118M Startup Cash for Marijuana Industry Tax Collection dept.
* $50M in funding to Planned Parenthood (to offset any federal cuts per LA Times)
* Prevents any new Federal Immigration Detention contracts with local governments (squash deportations)
* Expands the Low-Income Tax Credits to those too poor to pay state income tax
* $50M in Additional Aid for illegal alien legal protection
* Diverts cigarette tax money to cover MediCal deficit and fully fund medical and dental for welfare recipients
* Borrows $6B from a state fund to restore CalPERS fund
* Increases subsidies for childcare by $15.5M for poor
* Language that keeps Oroville Dam Repair Plan Secret
* Resets clock in recall elections to prevent Josh Newman recall and protect SuperMajority
According to an article in the Los Angeles Times, “[g]un rights advocates are fuming over some language buried in [the] state budget bill that would expand the number of Californians who can’t get guns.
Current law prohibits the possession of firearms by those convicted of a felony, but the new legislation would extend that to those with outstanding warrants for a felony or certain misdemeanors.”
And as the progressives ignore the overwhelming evidence supporting President Trump’s backing out of the Paris Climate Accord. Governor Brown is stepping forward, supporting the junk science (according to MIT) that would penalize the American taxpayer to the tune of $100 billion per year while the rest of the world phones it in.
According to the Washington Examiner “California Gov. Jerry Brown on Tuesday was named a special adviser for U.S. states ahead of the next United Nations meeting on implementing the Paris climate agreement. Brown and Jay Inslee Governor of Washington State Brown and Inslee formed a coalition of states that committed themselves to meeting the goals of the Paris Agreement in response to Trump’s June 1 decision to exit the climate deal.”
As Governor Moonbeam lunges toward California’s shrinking middle class with socialist policies that blatantly replaced his promises, while leading a secessionist movement against the rest of the United States. The Sacramento Bee reports “Gov. Jerry Brown and state politicians will receive a 3 percent pay hike starting in December, their fifth raise in as many years as California’s budget picture continues to improve.
The raises, approved Monday by the California Citizens Compensation Commission, come on top the 4 percent salary increases that kicked in late last year. Brown’s pay will climb from $190,102 to $195,805, while rank-and-file lawmakers will go from $104,117 to $107,240.”
These are the times we are living in. The San Andreas Fault is due for a mighty 7.5 upheaval any day now. California’s legislature has defended communism and completely embraced socialism. And Jello Biafra is a prophet.